Hot water but no heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is a worcester 19-24 cbi. I recently turned a radiator off because of a small leak. After doing this the heating did not come back on the following morning when programed to. We have hot water but the heating will not work. I have turned the boiler off and back on again but it comes on for a couple of minutes then goes off. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you've had a leak then the pressure ha dropped, and my hunch is that it's dropped below the minimum needed for that boiler to operate.

Check the gauge and repressurise to the value specified in the manual, which will probably stipulate 1.5 bar.

Hi Thanks for your advice. Checked and it had dropped so increased pressure back to normal. The pump had also stopped working dont know if that was just coincidence but changed it this morning and all is working again. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
You've changed the pump?! :eek:

I'm a bit baffled by that statement, because if you have the skills and knowledge to do that then I don't understand why you didn't check the pressure.

Am I missing something?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back