Hot Water/ Central Heating Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I switched my CH on for the first time since the spring two days ago and it worked fine.
Now I noticed that when the HW is on but the CH is off the CH still comes on ...weird. Can somebody offer a solution?
Many thanks
Guy

Sponsored Links
Possibly caused by sludge settling over the summer months, very common problem with open vent

Sponsored Links
I'd say find out if the system is sludged up, changing the valve without cleaning the system would be the same as changing your tyre without sweeping the nails of the drive.

System flushed 3 years ago, new inhibitor every 12 months since and no probs before. Valve is a LLandis and Gry dated 1998 replaced when I moved in then.
PS It is a microbore system!!

Lots of flushes are not performed correctly, microbore makes that even more likely.
To measure = to know.
Plenty inhibitor is great, it prevents further deterioration, but does zilch for existing debris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back