Hot Water Cylinder Problem

image.png

:(

Sponsored Links
You should have fitted a sidearm willis immersion. Heats the cylinder from the top down with usable hot water and can be timed to heat the cylinder to any level.

Final post. After trying to refit the immersion with hemp rather than an O ring our plumber discovered it was still leaking. Closer inspection showed that it was leaking at the head i.e where the electrical terminals are and when removed again it seems one or perhaps two of the joints where the element tubes go into the HWC had a crack. I thought I had checked for water there originally so I think the act of removing the immersion made the break permanent.

New XB484 thermostat on order from Gledhill at cost of £86.15 incl VAT. Gledhill advised that fitting any other immersion would invalidate the remaining warranty on the HWC and also that their immersions heat from the bottom so you can get a full tank of hot water.

Really annoying thing is that I have probably only used the immersion twice since it was installed!!!
That's a bit off - they insist you use their ultra-expensive immersion heater to maintain the warranty, but don't provide a warranty on the immersion heater? Incidentally they've seen you coming and robbed you blind too, Gledhill XB484 immersion heaters are under £35 from Plumbase

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back