Hot water has stopped flowing from combi!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a Vokera Linea combi which *was* working fine. After going away for a holiday we got back to find that:

1. the central heating works fine -- boiler fires, rads get hot.

2. there is no flow at all from any of the hot water taps! No water at all!

I'm guessing something has siezed somewhere but I'm at a loss to work out what it might be. A diverter valve failure would just mean cold water coming out of the hot water taps, surely, not no water at all?

Cold water taps are just fine.

Any suggestions welcome!

Sponsored Links
What about checking the boiler cold water isolating cock is fully on.Never heard of a Linea that blocked completely

could be a check valve of some sort thats jammed.try looking for a device or fitting that is going to the supply the boiler.to rule out the boiler you could be brave and crack the outlet or inlet supply at the boiler to give a more accurate point of the cause.

Sponsored Links
is the isolation valve on the mains open/in the right position?
if there mains to the boiler ya prob got a blockage. on some vokera twin pass heat exchangers there is a flow restrictor actually on the connection to the heat exchanger.

what model is it?

have you used the valve at right hand side below boiler to top up the water pressure. If so have you returned it to the upright position. This is a three way valve. up water flow, horizontal off, down wards fill system.

have you used the valve at right hand side below boiler to top up the water pressure. If so have you returned it to the upright position. This is a three way valve. up water flow, horizontal off, down wards fill system.

Thanks for all the suggestions -- will post back when I've tried them all!

Yup -- this was the problem. No idea how it'd got moved, but must have been me... thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back