Hot water in F/E tank. Hot water trickle out tap. Steam loft

Hi there

The F and E tank is the feed and expansion tank and this does exactly what is says on the tin... it feeds cold water into the return pipe for the central heating (primary return pipe)...tops it up basically. (primary system being the C. heating, and secondary system being the hot water)
hot water flows into it up the expansion pipe from the C.heating flow pipe.
These pipes connect to the side of the hot water cylinder about 400mm apart (indirect cylinder) and about 600mm apart for a Direct cylinder

But i,m not sure what system you have. it seems to point to a DIRECT system as you say the pipe going up into the loft is going over the big tank (this is the cold water storage tank (cistern) ..yes this does feed the toilet and all other cold taps in the house except kitchen sink (this is fed from mains as is only drinking water from this one)

How many pipes have you got going into the side of the hot water cylinder ?? (one in back bedroom) and how many tanks have you got in the loft, is it TWO??

chrisR said that the water maybe overheating through a faulty thermostat on immhersion heater. He could well be right as the water WOULD rise up the vent pipe and thus not fully along the hot water draw off pipe to the taps (why water is slow from hot taps)

Have I confused you enough now, hope I havnt

Regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back