Hot Water in Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of constructing a new garage and plan to install a sink, fed with both a cold and hot water supply.

The sink is to be fitted with a standard mixer tap.

The hot water will be used infrequently.

I have read about the 12kW RedRing instantaneous water heater as one option. Otherwise we could install a small unvented cylinder, which would mean storing a small amount of hot water.

I would be interested to hear your opinions on the 2 choices ?

Sponsored Links
instantaneous if used infrequently, no point storing water to let it cool then reheat just for the sake of it.

Sponsored Links
NO point being extravagant:
hotwaterva8.jpg

This Redring unit will need a 50amp supply.

If that is a problem to arrange in a garage, or you have an electric cooker or a shower elsewhere, think of a small oversink/undersink heater.

Such as a 3Kw stored water unit with maybe 10 litres in it. It won't take long to warm up.

ChrisR, thats one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time, thatnks for starting the weekend off with a good old chuckle!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back