Hot Water Issue With Valliant EcoTech 837

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Wonder if someone might be able to help.

We replaced a washing machine recently in our kitchen. Previously we had both a hot water and cold water hoses connected to the washing machine directly. Old washing machine was like 8 years old. This new washing machine, only has a cold water feed into it. SO i went and bough the washing machine valve which joins the hot and cold into one feed.

Before I did this change i turned off the water at the boiler.

Now that i turned it back on, my hot water temperature is very low. Its only getting a little warm. Not warm enough for a bath etc.

I saw initially the boiler was in comfort mode, so i took it out of comfort mode following instructions found on this forum. I have increased the water pressure into the boiler by opening up the boiler valve so that the guage shows the needle in roughly the middle of the guage.

I'm really struggling to figure out how just putting in a new washing machine has caused hot water temperature to go down.

Is this something you can help with.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Oh dear :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Your new machine is cold fill only. Just take the Y piece out and put just the cold into the machine and it'll be back to normal ;)

Wow sounds simple enough. Except theres no damn stop valve on hot water feed into the Washing machine. Looks like i have to get a plumber out to put a stop on it.

Sponsored Links
theres no damn stop valve on hot water feed into the Washing machine. Looks like i have to get a plumber out to put a stop on it.
So how did you manage to disconnect hot supply from old washing machine?

Thanks I will pop out to B&Q and grab that.
I just turned off the water at the mains...safest option for me. lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back