Hot water low pressure after Diverter Valve replacement

Would that be clased as ironic ? tony going on about following the regs and then getting it wrong.:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
To comply with Water Regulations the separate filling loop should have two shut off valves.

One at each end and normally the heating circuit end has one incorporated in the non return valve!

Tony

The filling loop attached to the pipework enables the bar to be increased on the pressure gauge.

Right, I fixed my SD card reader.
(Contact me if you need any I.T. work completed and I promise not to behave like a pompous git just because I probably know more about I.T. than you...)

Here are the photos:

Existing Filling Loop:

2vj7oyd.jpg

Old part:

se3a54.jpg

New Part:

fa5unk.jpg

Sponsored Links
So a picture of a non complient filling loop then as far as I can see.

Tony

Right, I fixed my SD card reader.
(Contact me if you need any I.T. work completed and I promise not to behave like a pompous git just because I probably know more about I.T. than you...)

Here are the photos:

Existing Filling Loop:

2vj7oyd.jpg

Old part:

se3a54.jpg

New Part:

fa5unk.jpg
Sorry, but that's NOT a new cold isolation valve on the boiler. If he's gone to the trouble of replacing the NRV, then where is the rest of the in-built filling loop?

Sorry, but that's NOT a new cold isolation valve on the boiler. If he's gone to the trouble of replacing the NRV, then where is the rest of the in-built filling loop?

It's not new, it's a second hand one that he found in his van after searching for a while. He had to make a few modifications to it with the NRV and an accurately-sized rubber washer.

So a picture of a non complient filling loop then as far as I can see.

Tony

The original installers of the boiler appear to have been a bunch of cowboys. When I opened it up a few weeks ago, after the original leak started, there were 3 nuts and bolts just left inside the base of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back