Hot water low pressure after Diverter Valve replacement

Sponsored Links
So you've had the plumber back, but you still don't have a fill loop?

This post reminds me of three monkeys, only there is a slight deviation of theme

One monkey with hands on ears hears no evil. Poster wants info but only what he wants to hear
Speak no evil. Poster speaks volumes
See no evil. Poster fails to see fact either. Filling loop MUST be there, how else is the boiler to be pressurised

6 pages of accusations and suspicions, negativity and belief TV programmes he speaks of are factual:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
OP: You said you were away on business? What business would that be? I would like to spend an hour with you discussing trhe possibility of placing a £250 order, most of which is overhead.

So you've had the plumber back, but you still don't have a fill loop?

Apparently so, I don't have a filling loop connected directly to the cold water inlet valve part itself. However I do have a loop which goes from the middle of that cold water pipe, attached just above a tube marked "SESI", then looping across to another pipe. I'm assuming that's not the filling loop (based on the engineer saying "there is no filling loop") but then again, what is that thing if it isn't the filling loop?

This post reminds me of three monkeys, only there is a slight deviation of theme

One monkey with hands on ears hears no evil. Poster wants info but only what he wants to hear
See no evil. Poster fails to see fact either. Filling loop MUST be there, how else is the boiler to be pressurised

6 pages of accusations and suspicions, negativity and belief TV programmes he speaks of are factual:ROFLMAO:

Lol.. Lots of TV programmes are factual - not everything on TV is in the genre of "fiction". Have you ever seen The Living Planet with David Attenborough for example?

Hmmm, by inference you're saying that Rogue Traders is some sort of fictionalized Eastenders-style soap? Well, guess again.. :rolleyes:

OP: You said you were away on business? What business would that be? I would like to spend an hour with you discussing trhe possibility of placing a £250 order, most of which is overhead.

Auditioning for the Rogue Traders soap opera.

Poster wants to hear info but only what HE wants to hear.

So there must now be five monkeys!

The extra ones being:

Monkey number 4 with just ONE ear covered, the other ear listening to just what he wants to hear.

Monkey number 5 with his mouth uncovered speaking those volumes of evil!

A sixth monkey is in the background wondering just how this boiler is repressurised if there is no filling loop!

I do have a loop which goes from the middle of that cold water pipe, attached just above a tube marked "SESI", then looping across to another pipe.

Can we have a photo?

Probably not, my internal SD card reader is down so I can't transfer across from the camera without hassle.

But it looks like a filling loop, just not sure why the engineer would say there is none. Maybe he was talking about a loop going specifically from the valve itself because this loop is going from the pipe as I described.

It looks similar to this filling loop:

ae235

The existence of a secondary filling loop on the pipework doesn't change the fact that the boiler's built in filling loop is missing. Did your plumber fit something to the back of the service valve that was changed? NRV & blank maybe? If not you will get very wet if it gets turned. I guess he didn't fit the grey plastic tap that goes on the valve?

The existence of a secondary filling loop on the pipework doesn't change the fact that the boiler's built in filling loop is missing. Did your plumber fit something to the back of the service valve that was changed? NRV & blank maybe? If not you will get very wet if it gets turned. I guess he didn't fit the grey plastic tap that goes on the valve?

The plumber did show me that there was an NRV attached to the newly-replaced cold water inlet valve, and compared it with the original valve which didn't have an NRV attached.

To comply with Water Regulations the separate filling loop should have two shut off valves.

One at each end and normally the heating circuit end has one incorporated in the non return valve!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back