Hot water not going to tap?

do you have a bathroom upstairs ,and if so ,are the hot taps working OK there ? if so i think its very unlikely to be an air lock and the gate valve under the sink is your problem.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well spotted Terry. Okay, last attempt at a possibility, the knob on the gate valve may not be turning the gate underneath, and if you unscrew it, and use a pair of pliers, it may turn, and give you more time to change the vale at your leisure.

when you come to change that faulty gate valve , there will be quite a lot of water in the pipework that you can not drain out ,unless there is a drain cock lower down on the pipework ,below the gate valve. is there one ?

Sponsored Links
Hello

We got a plumber in to change the gate valve and tap.

There was a bit of water in the flexi hose yes but that seems like it.

I have noticed since the valve was changed (about 24 hours ago) the valve has been dropping a bit. Maybe 5-20ml of water in 24 hours.

Is this normal? Will it sure it's self up in a little while?

Many thanks

He's used a cheap isolation valve if they are leaking at all, time to get him back and replace it with a decent one.

Is the arrow pointing in the right direction for the flow of water, and where exactly is it leaking; from the valve, or one of the joints.

This is what it looks like

And it's leaking from the top nut

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 119
Shame he didn't put a full bore lever valve on like the one I listed earlier for you.

There's always a chance that the nut just needs tightening slightly.

I thought the same but it's what he had so I thought as long as it gets fixed so be it.

Hopefully it does just need tightening and he can do it because I'm a bit dubious to touch Anything now in case they refuse to fix it as I've tampered with it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back