HOT Water NOT PIPING HOT THIS IS VERY CONFUSING

Stuff what the installer said. You needed the water to be hotter and those controls are for you to use as necessary. If they were meant to be fixed and set by a pro, they wouldn't be easily accessible to you.

It'll be fine.

Sponsored Links
You may need to restrict the flow through the cylinder coil. There should be a valve on the circuit return that can hold the hot water in the coil for better heat transference. If the flow through is too fast, then the heat in the primary water is not transferred to the cylinder, and the boiler closes down prematurely. This is not really a DIY job to someone with a limited understanding of the workings of a heating system and it may pay you to employ a professional.

2hours for water?

No wonder it doesn't get to 70

Put your water on "all day" or "once" depending on programmer

It's more efficient tat way anyway

I normally st te cylinder set to 60 and programmer all day. Try it I bet it works ;)

And also you can set tidal on te bike as highs you like it won't dangerous

Sponsored Links
Leave the water on all day? My bills would be astronomical. Surely it's more economical to have say an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening for the dishes, the restof the time it's showers. Or am I wrong here?
It has certainly helped after adjusting, my radiators are also piping hot, with the exception of the rads downstairs being hot at the top and warm on the bottom.

Probably more economical to install a good electric shower and a undersink heater for the dishes if that's all you need it for ;)

Providing you have the correct controls on your system the boiler will only be on until your hot water thermostat is satisfied anyway so it does not mean astronomical bills.

Is your thermostat positioned about 1/3 up your cylinder?
You may have a build up of scale on your cylinder coil giving you a less amount of heat transfer.
It might be a good idea to get those rads that dont heat up properly looked at aswell.

You may need to restrict the flow through the cylinder coil. There should be a valve on the circuit return that can hold the hot water in the coil for better heat transference. If the flow through is too fast, then the heat in the primary water is not transferred to the cylinder, and the boiler closes down prematurely. This is not really a DIY job to someone with a limited understanding of the workings of a heating system and it may pay you to employ a professional.

what? what is this?....

what? what is this?....

Yes oilhead is correct in what he says

Effectively it is the same as balancing a radiatpr. In the way that you aim for a temperature drop across the radiator, you should do the same with your cylinder which is only another radiator except it is immersed in water

I ain't buying that either.

Valves on the returns are to balance the circuits the same as balancing the rads.

Aim for a temperature drop across the rads HaHaHaHaHa

You have a primary circuit and one or more heating circuit, you balance the returns so they all work to design.

If you have MVs the whole boiler output can be directed through the primary circuit, modern thinking even give hot water priority so it does

Result, the cylinder heats up quicker.

You may need to restrict the flow through the cylinder coil. There should be a valve on the circuit return that can hold the hot water in the coil for better heat transference. If the flow through is too fast, then the heat in the primary water is not transferred to the cylinder, and the boiler closes down prematurely.

restricting the flow from the boiler will make it shut down prematurely, not the other way round, the heat transfer from a cylinder coil... 20+ kw is plenty..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back