Hot water not very hot ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gravity fed hotwater\central heating system with cylinder in the loft.

The boiler is a potterton envoy boiler.

I have the hot water on for 3 hours in the morning but it's still not piping hot and even worse is the temp from the power shower is even colder.

I only moved in recently so don't know the system that well but expect to have piping hot water after 3 hours. When we first moved in 6wks ago the water was piping hot but then the water\heating was on constantly.

BTW central heating isn't a problem as it gets very hot.

Any advice ?

Sponsored Links
check for bleed valves near cylinder, also check f&e tank has water in (ball valve working). Does boiler fire if hw is on but ch off?

just found out ......

When CH is on then boiler fires up.

When hot water is on then boiler flashes C

Wonder what that means :?:

c means pump overrun is operating.

have you checked as per my previous post?

Sponsored Links
many tnks twgas,

at work at the moment but will check tonight and post back the results.

Appear to have v.hot water now but not sure what fixed it :-

- I turn the white thermostat on cyclinder to 60 (I think this is for immersion ?)
- moved position of the two divertor valves and gave them a bang
- There's a red round motor that looks like a pump it had a little knob which I turned to 2 and back to 3.

I reckon it's a temp fix by moving the divertor valve to manual.

Also I wonder why I have two.

Also I have a pressure gauge above the boiler which says 0.3 bar isn't this a little low ?.

pressure usually set to about 1bar when system is cold.

as you seem to have played with most bits on hw side its difficult to say what fixed it. If problems recur trys bashing/adjusting/playing with bits 1 at a time then leave for 15mins or so to see if any improvement, or not then repost and someone here may be able to help

Motorised valve is what it controls to be specific:LOL:

Yep,to do with heating system. Sounds as though you have an S plan incidentally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back