Hot water not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Lifestyle lp241 gas boiler and the hot water is not working but the central heating is still working.

The control panel on the timer just doesn't click on on the hot water side.

Nothing has been done to it recently and it started a couple of days ago.

There is also a switch in the cupboard for economy 7 so I've put that on so I do have hot water but need to sort out the timer buttons.

Is there something simple that I could change? Very grateful for any info as don't really want to call somebody, in fact - who would it be? electrician? plumber? heating engineer? Thanks

Sponsored Links
the acl lifestyle time clocks are renound for failure they are cheap tat!
however it may not be the clock that is at fault but it would not suprise me! the easiest and cheapest option is to buy the exact same time swith and fit it onto the existing baseplate and see if that solves your problem :)

hello gaspro 1981,

I just wanted to say thanks for your advice, I was brave and went to the plumbers merchants, purchased a new timer clock and fitted it myself - and it works !!!!

You have saved me the price of a visit from a plumber so I'm very very grateful - THANKS !

Nicky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back