hot water/radiator problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im new here and could really do with some help please, especially as it is getting colder now!!

I recently moved into a house and tried turning on the ch but only the pump came on, the boiler didn't fire up at all.
Then i tried the hot water and the pump and boiler fired up straight away.
I was reluctant to call anyone out so I just replaced the programmer and thought that would help, but no difference.
Then i was reading about the synchron motor and thought that was faulty so replaced it, but still nothing??? Help

I can get the radiators hot by putting the 3 port valve into manual and turning the hot water on with the termostat up on the cylinder and down on the boiler ( a previous thread).

There is power to the synchron motor when the hot water is on but not when the ch is on????

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
dodgy microswitch or the valve cant motor over enough to make it :idea:

hw is default ;)

but the pump kicked in on heating only but no boiler.
There is power to the synchron motor when the hot water is on but not when the ch is on :idea: strange

Sponsored Links
When re fitting a new synch motor did I need to install in in a certain way?? or just stick it in??

yes, if i remember rightly it is on the tee arm of the valve, and just above it. is this wrong??

I moved in about two months ago, and never needed the ch i used the hot water but never thought to try the ch, so yes it has always been like it. So the setup must be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back