hot water/radiator problem.

Sponsored Links
Reading down I'd come to much the same conclusion. Sounds like the valve is ar*e about face. Could be intentional, but not likely. Makes you wonder what else could be wrong with the controls.

B is connected to the cylinder. what should the set up be?? where should the pump be?? And why would it make a difference, surely there should be voltage for the valve when the ch is turned on wherever the pump is?????

Sponsored Links
ch on should have 230v on the

white from room stat.
grey from cyl stat satisfied/programmer hw off.
orange to pump/boiler.
ch_only.gif

Thanks for that, thats really impressive, however I think I have made a monumental error, I don't even know where the room stat is, so now I presume it is set to very low. When I get back later i will check and get back to you all, but thanks for everything so far.
Deke

I wasa just about to suggest the room stat but see you have realised that it may need turning up !

Or it could be faulty. They are very reliable though.

Tony

oh really, i thought the stat would cut the power to the mech valve first. I will have a good look and check . Thanks

when hw is called for it shouldn't give power to the motor.
only when heating is called for.

hw has nothing to do with the mot valve.
only when hw satisfied or off live will be on the grey to the valve.

Thanks for everything guys, I have learnt a lot over the last couple of days, most importantly - start with the basics. It turns out that it was the wall stat that was set too low. :oops:
cheers Deke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back