Hot Water sometimes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, hope you had a good Christmas.

Gas heating system with hot water tank upstairs.

Hot water is set for three times a day, morning, lunch and tea time.

We don't use loads of hot water but now and again in a morning the water is only tepid. It's after the hot water should have been on and the rads that are on at the same time has the hot water are toasty. This doesn't happen all the time so can't think it's a timer problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
In the absence of any details of your system I would take a stab in the dark that you have a problem with a motorised valve.Maybe ...!!

Cheers Terry

I was wondering if that might be the case but plumbing is not my thing and the valves are behind a cupboard so didn't want to go raving it all out if it might be something else a bit more accessible.

Thanks for the info

If it's only a morning problem you could try setting your hot water to come on an hour before the heating so that the boiler isn't trying to heat all the cold radiators and the hot water tank at the same time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back