Hotpint Wt741 Banging when spining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

We have a four month old Hotpoint ultima and its started making the most horrendous din when spinning. If I put it on to spin empty it does not do it but with one dry t-shirt in it bangs like hell. It seems fine to rotate by hand and does not make a noise in normal cycle.

When I move the drum about it seems to have some limited up and down play in it as well as back and forth and the drum seems to run out of true on spin quite badly.

The only issue is my Mrs thinks a button off the boys tops is missing if this is stuck between the two drums would this cause the racket?

I dont want to go for the guarantee if its likely to be a self inflicted wound.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
There should be no noticable "lift" on the drum at all and certainly no "front to back" movement. Sounds like bearing failure to me...
As it is a reasonably new machine just get the engineer out to have a look at it..

Buttons usually end up in the filter, I have never known one to cause the problem you have.

phoned up, the chap came and took the lid off and the bolts on the top weight were loose and the weight was banging as the machine was out of balance. he checked the bearing and said the end float plus up and down was ok etc. Machine seems fine since

Common problem aparently simple to fix unless the spigots the weights fit over have broken in which case its a new outer drum .

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back