hotpoint Aquarius cdt00 condenser dryer motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi in this machine it was making a racket for a while and not taking the water to the chamber tank. Then it made 3 loud banging noises and stopped.
I took lid off . Belt was fine . Took side off and noticed water at bottom of impeller and the shaft it is on going to the motor was snapped into.

I've got a second hand motor but how do I get the old one out. I've took back panel off to take fan from rear. But there's like a plastic housing over the rear of the motor. Do I need to remove the drum to get it out . If so I think it will be worth it to replace all the bearing set .

Anyone removed the motor easily
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Once you take off rear fan there are 3 or 4 bolts on the plastic cowling remove the bolts. Disconnect the pulley or jockey wheel on the front of the motor. It's a black wheel. Belt slips off , leave drum in situ then motor pulls out from the side, I take it you have removed the front fan as well.

Thanks rocks1. I've did that put motor in and got the belt on. But its doing as it done the first time. The drum is free to move (does not turn freely but with a good hand push it turns a bit). The drum doesn't turn and there's a humming from it but nothing. The element heats up ok. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The cap next to the motor could be faulty. When it's on and you turn the drum by hand does it start up

I gave it a good old push and it started. Ive tryed starting it from panel about 8 times and it goes every time. I take it if it does it again then get new cap.

Other prob. (Dunno if it was because ofthe bbroken impeller. ). The water tray wasnt filling. I've cleaned out the filter at bottom . Anything else I can try if it still does it . Thanks rock1 again

Right. The cap is definitely faulty fiver on eBay or less. As for the water remove the pump cover at the back on the right. In the tray put a cup of water in it. Disconnect the black pipe going up to tray is there water going in it. You will have to push start it again

Ok took back flap down and poured cup water in the small hole next to the black pump . Took tube of top and nothing coming out it

I took the bottom black pipe off and the water splurts high when machine switched on. Doea this for a second then its a small amount of water for each time after that . Just enough to go over the top. Black Pipe is clear. But water not coming out other end

You need to fill up The chamber not down the pipe. You can get a cup full in there. There is a black pump in that chamber with 2 wires on it. Turn pump inside down at look at the bottom there should be a red small rubber band at the bottom if not its gone. Does the pump hum with water in it and drum going round.

I can't see how to get the pump out t check. It doesn't just lift up. I put more water in. And when I streach the black pipe right up the water comes out but when I bend it over it stops . And sometimes you can see the water coming to the top and going back down then up . Cant hear any humming . But can't get right down to it

There is two clips on the side once the cover is off ,the pump and micro switch lifts up to expose a empty tray. The black pipe may be kinked at the top where it goes into the bottle. If you blow thou pipe from top and it's clear remove the top lid pull water bottle out and see if hole is clear in the corner.

Got the pump out. Cant see any red ring ive took pic of bottom

Attachments

• 20150920_193133.jpg
    20150920_193133.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 123
The pipe is kinked a bit . I put a bit plastic straw thro it and it hangs on to the top bit. Other side falls out. . How does the water get in tray at the back . I know it condenses but dont see any way in or is that what the clear tubes for (or overflow)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back