Hotpoint Aquarius W740 Water Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Washer has sprung a leak, I think I have traced the problem.
Where the inlet pipe goes in to the dispenser, there are two water valves one has popped off, I tried to put it back on but it pops off again as soon as the water pressure is applied by turning the water back on.
There is no other evidence of the valve locking on, just of forceful push.
The second valve which is still in place, looks the same but is staying put.
Is it knackered and needs replacing or am I doing something wrong?
It looks a bit like this, but slightly different.
http://www.hotpointparts4u.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=319

Sponsored Links
If you mean the top of the valve where the solenoid fits and the plastic weld has failed holding it to the bottom part then you need to replace it.

Often happens if the valve has frozen

It just pushes on there are 2 clips at the bottom, ones poss snapped. Use a bit of hard as nails to stick it on till you can get one.

There are two little plastic spikes, would not call them clips, they don't look broken. It has been cold and on Sunday the washer was defo not coming to terms with the conditions, it's in the porch which can get very cold on a frosty evening.
I did try to wedge/trap it in to the side casing of the machine, just to get by but that failed.

Sponsored Links
Is the solenoid coil detached from the valve or is it leaking from where the solenoid coil fits on the valve??

When I removed the top of the appliance the solenoid was dangling down.
But was all as one with the valve, just looks like the water pressure had forced it out of it's housing.
Do you think I could fix it with a bit of Polyweld?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back