Hotpoint Aquarius WF340 Washing Machine flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies if this is not in the right place, I'm new to this website sand this is my first post. I'm after some advice pls. My washing machine has stopped working. When I switch it on, all the lights flash on and off quickly and no buttons seen to do anything, even the cancel or off buttons. I've switched off the power to it two or three times for 10 minutes each time and the problem is still the same, although one time some of the lights had gone out and only some were flashing, I think this is an error code but can't find a list on the internet. The lights on the front are listed below, the ones that were flashing have a '1' in front

1 Wash enhance
1 Reduce creases
1 Rinse hold
1 Mini hold
Extra rinse
Door locked
Prewash
Wash
Rinse & spin
1 Final spin

I'm quite handy so would be comfortable with getting into the machine if it's an easy fix.

Thanks a lot :)

Sponsored Links
Locate the main control board, rear/right/bottom and inspect.

Have you checked the obvious, drain pump, blockages.

Is this just a washer or washer/dryer?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll try and get the washing machine out and get into the back of it. I've seen a video on youtube showing where the control board is so shouldn't have too much trouble doing this (crosses fingers)!

I've cleared the drain pump (if it's the one at the front, bottom, right), hasn't seemed to have shifted the problem but I am 3p and two hair grips richer! Every cloud!

Are there any other checks I could do? How do I check for blockages? Or is that the same as the above?

It's a washing machine only, WF340. I'll try to upload a picture of which lights flash (if that helps at all).

Thanks again :)

Go ahead and locate the main board at the back but be absolutely sure you note very carefully where the connectors go as they may fit back into different slots.
Note that not all pcb board tracks are used before disconnecting the connectors.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure I take plenty of pix before I disconnect anything! Will update in a few days as back at work tomorrow.

Okay so a bit of an update, before I got chance to remove the control board I tried switching the power off to the machine once again, when I switched it back on lights flashed as previous but I left it for a while and went back to it and only the power light was on and it washed as usual. That's happened a few times since my last post, sometimes the lights flash for say 10 minutes, sometimes for say three and sometimes they've finished flashing before I've even finished loading the machine! Now I'm pretty sure that's still not normal but whilst it's washing I'm not gonna tinker with it. Thank you for taking the time to reply yardie but for now I'm gonna leave it be and keep washing. I'm guessing I'm gonna be back sooner or later tho! Thanks again :)

Catch up on a bit of washing eh?

Sure come back and can hopefully help but only once you've had the main board out.
It def sounds like a power issue due to how erratic its behaving.
What will inevitably happen is that it will stop working completely, so be prepared, screwdrivers at the ready! Or a wad of cash.

Never had so much to do! Yeah I'm expecting it to go again so as soon as it does I'll get the board out ready!

Thanks again, now to sort a transit van fault out!

Don't get me started on cars, have a heap of sh$t galaxy tdci that needs piston replacing.
And I'm no mechanic!

Yardie, the time has come! The lights are flashing and they won't stop, I've tried the usual switching off the power a couple of times and it's not having it!

I've managed to locate the PCB and disconnect all the wires from it, I've taken lots of pictures and marked it up so (hopefully) I'll be able to get it re-connected without many problems.

So now I have a PCB infront of me.....help!!

On a positive note, got the van sorted (just about), hope you got your car sorted!

Shall look at photos and get back to you. Create an album, top of page 'images' and add the photos.

I will need photos of both sidea of the board(out of its plastic casing) preferably close-ups that are not blurry.

Engine still in the boot! Wife not going anywhere on her own in a hurry! :mrgreen:

Thanks, that's great. Can you see my pix okay? First time I've uploaded any so hoping they've gone to the right place!

Oh, that doesn't sound too good at all :/

Doesn't look too good, looks like a couple of things have burnt out. Sorry about the flash and the icons on the photo's, no space in my phone to take photo's so have to use snapchat to take pix! If you need any close up's of any of the pix let me know and I can easily take more. Thank you :)

Hard to see mostly due to lighting but what I can see is possibly resistor, relay and capacitor need replacing, or testing at the very least. Do you have a meter?
This is not to say there is not more damage but for a few pence could fix.
The board will need cleaning, I use wifes acetone-free varnish remover with cotton buds.

You may as well test all the relays whilst your at it.
Check all resistors, diodes and caps.
Inspect and re-flow any suspect solder joints including re-flowing any tracks where connector plugs that look worn.

Can you get better photos if you take a photo of half the board? Slightly overlap so both halves can be matched.

If I zoom in I am unable to read the white label model no., not that I really need to but just to illustrate image quality.

Sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back