Hotpoint Aquarius WF340 Washing Machine flashing lights

I'll check the 95deg and report back.

Yeah still hear the noise too. Got behind it this morning and even when there's just power to it but it's not actually washing or spinning the board I replaced makes a continuous noise, very quiet but it's there, you know like a power type noise, not sure whether that's 'normal' :/

Excuse my lack of knowledge but what type of meter am I asking for?!

Sponsored Links
DMM, digital multi-meter.
To test resistance, ohms.

There should be no noise coming from the board whilst the machine is doing nothing.
Relays click.
Transformers buzz, but thats when they are failing usually, though very faintly isn't usually a problem.
Crackling noise indicates arcing, dry solder joint or connector not properly making contact.

Ah that's good, put my mind at ease a bit :)

I'll ask about wet the meter, hopefully someone will have one.

Thank you, will be back!

Sponsored Links
Just re-read your message, I read it wrong in the first place, I wonder if the new board is faulty then :/ I think I might just give up a get a new one! Are there any reliable makes you could recommend? I read earlier to avoid hotpoint / Indesit.

Can't really advise on replacement.

Contact seller and say the board isn't working properly.

You could swap boards back, see if it heats and makes that 'electrical' noise.

Now that's a good idea! Will be interesting to see how it works. Will do that tomorrow and let you know! Thanks a lot :)

I would certainly contact the seller to see what they say anyway.

Swap over and if you get it to work without all the lights flashing, i.e heats and no humming/buzzing etc.. you have proof you received a faulty board.

If you want to post me your old board I'll have a look but can't guarantee anything. About £3.20p using myhermes.

Alternatively you could buy a meter for around £5 to test the element, thermostat, check for voltages, test certain components on the board and other machine parts.

Thank you, that's a very kind offer :) however one of my friends has come good, I am borrowing a meter on Monday, I'll have to message you when I get it if that's okay cos haven't got a clue what to do with it!

Thats great news!

Please please please get advice before using it.

Mostly all tests will be done with NO POWER to the w/mc.

Thats great news!

Please please please get advice before using it.

Mostly all tests will be done with NO POWER to the w/mc.

Will do. I'll ask the hubby to ask they guy who were borrowing it off on Monday how to use it and I'll check google there's sure to be a few vids on there, could pop in to the local B&Q too. Thanks again, will keep you posted!

Not sure b&q will give advice regarding electrics, h&s!

Best to post a photo of the meter so I can guide you through it as you are testing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back