Hotpoint Aquarius WMA34

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a secondhand WMA34 (it was left in the house we have just moved into). It worked a few times, but no more.

The drum has stopped turning. After reading this //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18792 a hefty turn with the paddles moved it. Its not entirely free though and there is are a couple of dull clunking sounds rougly 1/3rd of a turn apart when you turn the drum by hand.

It does feel as if something might well be stuck inside jamming it up, but I can't see anything through any of the holes (one paddle was about to come off, so I have now just removed it).

I have removed the pipe underneath that connects with the outlet pump, which was home to various bits of detritus including £1.73. I can't see anything more significant though.

Is this machine worth persevering with, and if so, how do I extract whatever is stuck in there. I have removed the lower rear panel so can see the motor (belt intact, motor still appears to work). The outer drum appears to split in the middle and there looks like an awful amount of faff involved. Would I be better putting the £1.73 towards a new machine?! (*)

thanks,

-- Tim.

(*) particularly as no one seems to say anything good about these machines! :(

Sponsored Links
was it noisy when it spun ,poss bearings gone .

My other half did indeed comment that it was sounding noisy before it stopped.

It has had some clunking noises before also from time to time.

-- Tim.

yep bearings gone not a easy job drum out ,split drum etc mc is 9 years old now .

Sponsored Links
Thanks - not the answer I wanted but the answer I needed nevertheless!

As its getting on a bit I'm not keen enough to bother fixing it - I'll see if there are any keener punter's on Freegle!

-- Tim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back