Hotpoint CTD00 Problems with pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone help with a pump problem where it pumps continually and doesn't rely on the float switch. It doesn't seem to matter which position the float switch is in, the pump just keeps going. I've tested the contacts on the microswitch for the float and they are good. One normally open and one normally closed contacts, both function ok. The pump has 240v on it continually ? Any ideas ? An electrical schematic would be nice in order to see what else is in that part of the circuit.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Pump is surposed to run all the time. It takes water out of the clothes and pumps it up.

That can't be right otherwise there's no need for the float switch !!! There are times when the sump does not have any water and wet pumps should not be run dry. Surely the pump runs when required i.e. - when the water reaches a specified level.

Float switch cuts off the heater if the water bottle gets full and is not emptied The pump will work wet or dry.the amount of water in the clothes is a lot. 1 2 Hr dry will give at least 2 pints of water.

Sponsored Links
Thanks rocks1 that does make sense. It's actually my dads tumble drier. When I looked in the sump it didn't look like any water had been in there for a while as it was very dry. I checked the water channel from the condenser for blockages and that was ok. Checked the pipes and they were ok. Cleaned the condenser even though it looked ok. Good air flow from the fan across the condenser. Put some water in the pump sump and that picked up no problem. Heater is good and seems to be condensing so it's a bit of a mystery that no water appears in the reservoir ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Water will appear once drying takes place, the chamber will be trickle fed then will pump straight to the bottle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back