Hotpoint CTD40 tumbler... Dead??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our tumbler ceased to exist at some point today? There are no lights on it and I have checked for 230v AC at the plug and even inside the machine where the power comes in (both sides of what looks like a relay?)

I understand that thermal cut outs are in the machine, but from this forum it seems to suggest that they simply cut the heaters, and do not kill the entire machine?

The machine itself is only about two years old or so - I am unsure to call anyone out if anyone else has suffered this and tells me it sounds terminal?

It could have overheated? Cannot rule that out, also there could have been power surges todays although nothing else is damaged it seems?
Any thoughts?

By the way, it did not trip and fuses or RCD/MCB devices and just quietly died today??

Thanks in advance for any advice, or any recommendations starting with my own to purchase a new one ;)

Sponsored Links
depending on serial number some dated after 08, dead is the stat, pop a pin though the stat see if it fires up it takes the netrual supply of the heater ,

Wow thanks for the swift response. Is the stat behind the back panel or do I have to remove most of the machine?

Presume I need to be a little careful and isolate before Pin insertion (although I am confident the polarity is correct)

On opening the top lid, it is a big fluffed up, so and overhead could well be viable?

We have a general appliance shop in Salisbury, is a stat the kind of simple over the counter thing that may not cost hundreds?

Thanks.

Duncan.

remove rear banjo stape and the stat is on top of the heater 2 discs, the one on the left has a tiny hole in the middle reset with a saftey pin till it clicks .unplug mc before doing this and it wont cost you a penny . :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back