Hotpoint DF61 fill problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me? My Hotpoint DF61 dish washer has started being quite noisy when filling. (only the last few weeks or so)

When filling the inlet solenoid switches on/off about twenty times (I've told you a million times about exaggerating!!) each time my pipes rattle (hence the noise), then it carries on with the cycle until it needs to fill again, more pipe rattling etc etc....

It is pumping and spaying and is generally cleaning the dishes well, it's just the noise,

I don't think there is any water leaking out so is it a problem with the level sensor perhaps?

Any help will be gratefully received......

Sponsored Links
sometimes turning down the pressure at the main water valve or at the dishwasher water feed valve under the sink can help
try moving the pipes to a different position
the inlet valve on the dishwasher is usually ok
try these and see how you get on

If you remove the left hand side panel and watch it fill you will see the float switch going up and down causing your problem.You need to clean the transfer hose from the water chamber to the filter and possibly the pressure chamber itself.

Thanks guys!!

having removed the side panel I can see loads of yucky stuff in the pipes, I think before removing this complicated lot (and the risk of subsequent leaks!) I'll try a cleaning solution, is there one to be recommended?

Mark.

Sponsored Links
The cleaning solution seems to have worked, no chattering valves this morning!

Thanks for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back