Hotpoint dishwasher fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone help, my hotpoint fdl570g dishwasher won't work. There is no flashing lights, everything looks normal , but when I press the start button it does nothing .
I have checked the water inlet, checked the water outlet and cleaned the filters but no joy. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you got power going to the machine?
Check the fuse in the plug, try plugging something else to the washing machine socket to see if power is there, try running an extension lead from a known working working socket to see if the machine powers up.
This will help primary diagnose existence of power.

Then we can move forward from there.

Hi, yes there is power to machine, the normal lights are all lit. I have also unplugged from the mains and let it 'rest' for 10 minutes and then plug back in but no change.

Sponsored Links
The door is closing as it should and it looks and feels as it always has, but upon checking the door just now, with the machine switched on, after shutting the door it started to fill but stopped after about 10 seconds, I can't get it to repeat it. Cheers

Hi, If you know that you have power to the appliance and nothing happens when you press the start / on button, I would suspect possibly the inlet solenoid / water inlet as the first things that should happen is for water to be entered into the appliance, then once the correct level is sensed, it carries on to the next part of the program/ cycle. It could be the hose is blocked or the solenoid faulty. REMEMBER always turn OFF the electricity supply or remove the plug top, when working on or investigating the appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back