Hotpoint FFA61 Fridge/freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My SIL's F/F is displaying "freezer too warm" light. Fridge is too cold even on lowest setting & freezer not cold enough.It is also making a continual gurgling noise. I suspect the diverter valve is faulty which I believe means replacing & re-gassing, which I do not have the equipment to do. Can anyone confirm my suspicions & tell me if this is a common fault. Just trying to establish whether it's worth getting Hotpoint to do it or just buy a new F/F.

Sponsored Links
Yes very common. You could try a 24 hr defrost otherwise it's low on gas or dryer/ diverter needs replacing.

Thanks rocks, it is completely de-iced & all the sensors check out ok in the diagnostic mode but I do not know how to test the diverter so I was just suspecting that may be the fault. Thanks for the confirmation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back