Hotpoint First Edition Dishwasher doesn't fill with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My dishwasher stopped working, and wouldn't fill with water, just sitting there doing nothing. I read a few posts about this problem with other dishwashers, and tried various solutions like tipping to drain and reset flood protection float etc. This didn't work. After some further investigation this morning ie seemed that maybe something was blocked, as a few rouge lentils and the odd 1/2 a chickpea were in the bottom beyond the filters. SoI filled it up a bit with water and used a plunger to give it a good plunging. A fair bit of repugnation was flushed out and when I then put it on pre wash, success, the dishwasher sprayed water everywhere and things seem to be functional again. I put it on wash again and it seems to be filling up, but very very slowly. This may have been happening for a while as it seems to have been taking a very long time recently to wash before the problem started.

I have a couple of questions.

At the bottom of the dishwasher there seem to be 3 holes.
waterdraining.jpg
1 is obviously the drain, and this does not seem to be blocked as it drains ok, and presumably this would not cause it to not fill if it was blocked. But what are the exact purposes 2 and 3? 3 seems to have a sort of 'grate' in front of it. This is a picture of the various holes, each numbered. If these are getting blocked and that is causing the machine to stop working, what is the suggested way to clear them? Is there anything better than a plunger?

Now when it is filling it seems to fill from a hole at the side of the dishwasher, shown on this picture
waterentry.jpg
. The water trickles out of this hole. Could this be related to the blockage/not filling at all problem? If not what might cause this? I'm pretty sure its not a blocked/kinked hose, allthough I'll check that later. I'm glad to have it functional again, but it seems like only half the problem is solved.

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
clean the black hose that is connected to no 2 .3 is the filter /pump hole .1 goes to regen chamber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back