Hotpoint fridge freezer not cooling/freezing

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,
We bought a brand new Hotpoint fridge freezer just over a week or so ago. The model number is FFU3DX1. It was working perfectly until tonight. I woke at 1.30am and went to get a drink from the fridge. I noticed that the water wasn’t very cold. I also noticed that the fridge isn’t making any noise at all, no fan noises, no humming sounds, nothing! I opened the freezer and the food has begun to defrost. I tried adjusting the temperature using the temperature control but it’s still not cooling. I also tried switching the plug to a different socket but still nothing. I’ve checked that the trip switch on the electric board is on and it is. The light inside the fridge comes on when I open the door so I’m not sure if it’s an electrical fault. It had been working fine up until this point

Sponsored Links
Welcome to DIYnot!
If the light comes on then the fault is more complex than a blown fuse. Clearly the compressor isn't running, but there could be several reasons for that. Regardless, it's a warranty job if a quick peek doesn't reveal a simple cause such as a motor wire disconnected.

It’s back working again. After reading the manual and watching a few YouTube videos, I pulled it out from the wall a bit to let the air circulate behind it better. I’m not sure if that’s what fixed the problem or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back