Hotpoint Larder Fridge 6935

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. My Hotpoint fridge has stopped running, the light works but not the motor. Mine is fitted with an integrated door, IE., I have a wooden door over the main door, these are quite a bit more expensive to buy and some times difficult to come by so I would like to try a repair first.
Could it be simple brush's, and if so how easy are they to replace? I know that some motors are integrated into the compressor unit but not sure how difficult to get to brush's.
Any help would be appreciated. It is a 6935 model, NO freezer compartment, is 86 X 59 X 52mm

Sponsored Links
No brushes on a fridge :LOL: Poss themostat check it by shorting it out .found by the interior light.

No brushes on a fridge :LOL: Poss themostat check it by shorting it out .found by the interior light.

Hi Rocks1, Thanks for prompt reply.
Not sure where to short it out, it's a longish piece with the capilary tube not allowing much movement and the bulb is attatched to the whole thing.
The thermostat is square and has four cables, Blue, Brown, Black, Green/Yellow at one end, the capilary tube at the other and through the casing is the temp adjust wheel, what do I short out?
Bob.

Blue /brown with a pair of pliers compresser should start up if so thermostat needed

Sponsored Links
Blue /brown with a pair of pliers compresser should start up if so thermostat needed

Hi Rocks1, Nothing! What now, new fridge? I had an offer of £107.00 for a repair and guarnntee before I found this forum, what's your views on that? I know this size fridge with this special door can cost a bit, and the door do'es look good in this kitchen.
Bob.

Stat is 85.00 but ur compresor has gone .that is special order take the 107 charge is gonna cost over 200.00 in parts alone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back