Hotpoint Washing Machine WF340 wont switch on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.
Another one for help.

A long time ago i bought a hotpoint WF340 washing machine.
It was only used for about 2 months before the flat was made empty due to a fire.
Since then the machine has never switched on.
(The machine wasnt affected by the fire).

So, i checked the fuse, it is fine.
I opened the the top, removed the transformer and tested it, it also seems fine.
I then look at the program selector board (the board with all the lights and switches). I noticed that when ever i remove the white plug, and re-seat it, all the lights flash and switch off.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
So i took out the display board there was no damage.
I then read around and looked at the control board, there is definitely some soot damaage on it around a large capacitor and a diode.

I presume this is gone. I contact EMW electronics, they said the parts will cost £68, but they said send the old part in and they will test it and return it if its not that for £7 and if it is and they replace they will waive the testing fee.

Although i am now thinking is it really worth me fixing or shall i just by a used decent machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back