Hotpoint WD61x Washing Machine .. Interlock Switch Wiring!

Sponsored Links
Just checked the PCB. No visible fried / burnt out tracks either.

The way the wires are attached to the Interlock Switch - does it matter which way around you attach them / push them on?

Is their any 2 amp glass fuse in these units near the motor? If so where and could that be an issue with all the recent activity?

Thanks
Aidan

check the first track on the pcb by the black connector nearest to the consol panel the netural wire from the doorlock causes it to show copper track burnt . no 2 amp fuse .there is one on older models that conrols the motor . and no does not matter which way they go round ,make sure you havent pulled a wire of the on /off switch

K,

No track burn. On/off switch cables fine. Still no go - she deaded in the water.

I ran my hand behind the DOOR BOOT RUBBER GASKET SEAL that goes from the door back to the drum. Their is a tear up by the interlock unit in the rubber. If that rubber collar tears, can that be sensed also? I realise ill need to change that too, but could that cause the machine to not come on??

Outside of that I am flumuxed.

How does the Interlock actually work in relation to the door closing in on it? Does the latch push something on the interlock itself? Could the latch be an issue - not going in far enough I wonder?

Im rambling :D

Aidan

Sponsored Links
ripped door seal wont cause it not to start .lock on door flicks the lock shut silly q have u checked fuse 13 amp and tryed a different socket. door should be shut to start it ,start button should be out not in

Maybe a silly question - but said I would throw it in any way just in case.

Tried various 13 amp fuses, still no joy. Didnt try other socket BUT did try other appliances on that socket and all worked fine.

Yes, had the door shut, start button then popped out - again no joy!

Aidan

i recon u pulled a wire of the timer if not .timer is duff

Checked those wires - all seem fine. If that switch is gone would it do what is described below??

I should also have said the following:

With the new Interlock added the door closes fine. However when you TURN ON the Machine ( switch out ) nothing happens. The door close light remains off and I also can still open the door in this state.

Their is no indication anywhere that the machine is even on!

Again thanks for all the thoughts to date,
Aidan

door lock, right as its on the mc check the wires havent come off should be red on the c marked on switch black in the middle .next brown i recon its wired up wrong .

Already checked x a zillion times.

All wires present and connected to correct "prongs".

RED to C
BLACK to N
BROWN to L

Aidan

well i now give up, 20 odd years on hotpoint never has 1 beaten me untill now .i will get my coat and gonna lay down in a quite room .

Shur why dont you drop over here all together and have a look :D

Go for a few pints of Guinness afterwards ( thats where I am off to shortly ) - 21.34 here at mo.

Yes - its sort of odd, I dont have anyway here to check if Juice is getting into the machine and I dont have a meter either. Sort of frustrating that their is no indication if the unit IS on when the on button is engaged ..

I WONDER is the door catch NOT properly engaging with the interlock locking plate - ie its not sliding properly?

Aidan

only way is to check is open door, slide a screwdriver into the hole and push to the right it should make the slider move over and make a slight click .then turn on with door open .if it starts lock is not ftted properly. failing that can u get hold of a meter.

only way is to check is open door, slide a screwdriver into the hole and push to the right it should make the slider move over and make a slight click .then turn on with door open .if it starts lock is not ftted properly. failing that can u get hold of a meter.

Yip,

Ahead of you there :D

I just tried that. All still dead. No lights, no sounds.

I wont be able to get a meter until tomorrow, just got call from Bro in Law, pub time .. hic!

Ill update when I get a meter, if you think of anything by all means pop it up here - me back in about two hrs!

Cheers / Thanks again again
aidan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back