hotpoint wd62 aquarius

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morming i have a hotpoint WD62, when put on a washing cycle ie: E, it will not complete the cycle, i have to move on the settings to spin and drain and rinse on the dial. :evil:

any ideas what it could be, cheers ;)

Steve

Sponsored Links
Is the drum turning? You can get this behaviour if the motor brushes are worn out.

Yes mate the drum is turning and the bushes seem to be fine, not sure wether it's just the timer? :cry:

Does it stick several times on a programme? If the heater or temperature sensor fails it can stick during the wash but once onto the first rinse it should do the rest of the programme without sticking.

Sponsored Links
yeah it sticks several times though the cycle, and does the first rinse and that's it. :cry:

If your water pressure is very low it could be timing out before it has reached the required water level. Similarly, if there is a partial blockage in the internal or external plumbing it could be timing out before it has emptied properly. If these functions are working OK then it quite likely is a timer fault.

not having worked for HP for some years, so I may be wrong, but does the "timer" not sit and wait before it moves on? so in the case of fill / rinse fill, will it not sit there waiting untill the pressure switch says it is full? becuase thats what they used to do.

In my time with HP i actually saw very few timer faults, changed lots becuse something else caused them to go wrong / burn / damaged, but cant think of an actual timer causing a problem

Based on empirical observations rather than any knowledge of their circuit logic, these models with one piece timer/module units seem to detect a fault in the motor or other systems and shut themselves down. The later computer controlled machines can supply diagnostic information to the engineer but these are not that clever.

yeah played about with the machine lastnight, pressure wasn't great, so connected the cold from another source, and seemed to work fine i it was down to the water pressure :LOL:

the drum bearing might be shot now though!!! are these easy to change, and where would i buy them from ;)

There is normally a restricter in the cold water valve to prevent flooding if you have high water pressure. If your pressure is unusually low you can remove this. Take off the cold hose and pull the inlet filter out using pliers. You should now see a coloured plastic disc with a black rubber ring round it in the centre of the inlet orifice. Pull this out with the pliers and refit the filter and hose. For the bearing job, see:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22543

I think i have seen bearing kits on Ebay but there are a few online shops such as www.ezee-fix.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back