Hotpoint WF541 - NTC fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Hotpoint WF541 has just gone kaputt. I've cleaned the filter, had some crap in it that might have blocked the pump... not sure though.

Any way now when you turn it on the lights 3 & 4 flash (numbering from top). According to Rocks1's excellent help I have read that means an NTC fault....

So..... what's an NTC and how do I fix it?....

All comments appreciated...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ntc is in the middle of the heater .8 mm nut to remove it, two very thin blue wires on it, or it could be a pcb fault .emw test boards for a fiver to tell you is a pcb or the thermister on the heater .

Thanks - what does ntc stand for? it is the thermistor you refer to...?

Temperature sensitive semiconductor that has a negative temperature coefficient of resistance. As temperature increases, resistance decreases. yes ntc and thermister the same ;)

Sponsored Links
excellent - thanks for your help. I'll let you know how I get on...... :)

Hi there,

Any idea where I can get an NTC for my hotpoint WF541?

Thanks

Will :confused:

try hotpoint, it comes with the heater.or google for spare part .

Thanks - although I think it might not be this now. The error lights have stopped. Now when you turn it on (in pump out mode) it fills with hot water and starts rotating. just carries on doing this. If you press and hold stop the lights flash (all the horizonal ones) then it stops momentarily and carries on rotating.

If you turn if off then on, it just carries on rotating.

I'm thinking PCB now....? Do you agree?[/code]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back