Hotpoint WM36 Continous pumping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hotpoint WM36 has developed a tendency to continously try to pump out wasted water and "freeze" mid-cycle (either rinse or spin) - you can hear the pump working when there's no water left to pump and it just keeps on pumping. The only way to stop it is to turn off the power. I've removed/disassembed/cleaned the pump and linked pipes, also cleaned out the trap beneath the drum but problem still persists.

Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
i would suggest you call hp, as if its under 5 parts are free, reason i say is the pump is controlled by the timer, and they are not cheap

Thanks breezer - its knocking on 10 year-old so free parts long gone

So its a timer-controlled pump then, as opposed to one controlled by a water "sensor" ?????

the timer tells the pump when to run or stop, the pressure switch can also say not to run, but it tells the timer this.

it is worth looking at the banana on the side (front right) of the outer tub to see if it is blocked (the banana is connected to the pressure switch, so find the pressure swithch and you find the banana

search for breezer, inside a hotpoint, and you will see some vaguley useful pictures

mind you at 10 years old, its time to get a new m/c

edited to corretct typo's

Sponsored Links
Great, will give that a go.

Not sure where to find the pictures though....agotpoint ????

:oops: i never typed that, (did i) you want this it shows the pressure switch, other end of the pipe you will find the banana

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back