Hotpoint WM52 - not spinning - drum turns fine by hand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Single mum of toddlers so looking for advice as to what can be wrong with my washing machine so I know whether to call an engineer in or look to get a second hand one (Cant afford a new one, even with courier charges for second hand one cos I don't drive!)...I also paid about £70 2-3 months ago to get a repair done cos door locked up on it so don't want to throw money away on it if i am just as well replacing it with a newer model...

Anyway to complicate matters I have been draining my machine into buckets due to probs with a leak under my sink but will raise a new post for that!

I ran my washing machine and waste water was warm but at end of cycle I noticed the clothes were damp. There were a few towels in and some toddlers jeans so I split the load and then tried to run a quick wash. The water getting pumped out was clear and cold and noticed the drum wasn't spinning...moved the cycle forward via dial to spin and it clicks through but drum doesn't spin, it does take water in when rinsing.

Any ideas? I just want to know if I will be throwing good money after bad getting the engineer in again!

Thanks for any info!

Sponsored Links
sounds like brushes gone, remove lid brushes on side of motor ,read the sticky for a pic of moter easy to replace cost about a tenner from fleabay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back