Hotpoint WMA44 Washing Machine - Fixed

Sponsored Links
Filter blocked remove rear lower cover and undo sump it's got a big fat jubilee clip round it.

No need to remove the lid just unblock the filter at the bottom. Each program takes diff water amounts that's why it leaks on certain progs.

Sponsored Links
After i posted that, the washer started making a funny noise again, like it was trying to gush out of the powder tray.

Can you explain to me what the filter does at the bottom, how is it used and what it does.?

I take it this is the same filter that was fitted to the old washing machines that use to have a door / flap on the front, and you could unscrew it.

If this is the same, then i am 100% guilty for never emptying this, and looking inside the back of the power tray, it looks pretty messy. If only i had a steam cleaner.

On another note, i could look if it has springs or shock absorbers, as sometimes it makes a right old noise under the unit.

If the springs or damper has gone it would be twist in the drum not in the centre. Yes the filter is like the old ones but this Is at the back. You will find fluff coins hair bands clips bra wires sim cards plasters you name it it's in there. Also check the pump that's next to it in the corner poss cotton bud in it that's why it's not pumping out properly. If you want take waste pipe off and flush a hose pipe though it them see all the scale and sludge comes out from low temp washes that's another story

Remember to put small socks in a netting bag or pillow case saves alot of heart ache.

It goes in the gap in the front between inner and outer drum. Always check the pockets. Also the only cleaner is a bottle of white vinegar on a boil wash once every few weeks.

Why have hotpoint made these machines with the filter so bloomin difficult to get to?
Most other models have a flap and a screw cap at the front of the machine!!!

It's a bigger filter at the back. The ones at the from are smaller plus if you don't know it's there it would have cost you money. It's a money makeing job you would have called someone and cleaned it out charged you 50 quid and you would have said I could have done that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back