Hotpoint WML560P washing machine Bearing Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all great site you have here.

I have a Hotpoint WML560P and its starting to get noisey, it sounds like bearings.
Does anyone know what size bearings they are and where I can get them.
I have searched ebay and all I can find is the spider only, or bearings that dont specify my machine.
All I need is the bearing kit and drum seal.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Check out espares.co.uk
They have a facility where you can check if the bearings fit your particular machine.
John :)

Hi Burnerman
I already tried that site, but I didn't find any comparisons.

Thanks

Ok, this place is near me, very knowledgeable and they mail parts.....
Forrestersonline.co.uk
They answer queries by e -mail.
Point of interest, the bearing number will be engraved on the bearing itself, if you can access it and will be available at any bearing factors. It's also dead easy to find what you need if you have a vernier gauge but naturally the machine will have been dismantled for this.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Burnerman

Ive sent an email to Forrestersonline and hope they can help, otherwise I will have to dismantle the machine to get the bearing IDs.
I dont want to go down this route until I have the parts available, but I may have to, I dont think the missus will like it though,
She uses it practically every day.

Best Regards

Good luck with your project! A reasonable test for bearings is to grasp the inner drum and rock it.....often you'll feel a clunk if the bearings are worn.
It's quite a task to replace the bearings and sometimes they don't come out without a battle so
I hope all goes well! Post back with the result if you have time.
Regards

I checked out inter-spares website they state 30mm bearings will fit my model of machine, another site saying they should be 35mm.
One minute I think I am getting somewhere and then I am back to where I started, non the wiser.
I am just going to strip down the machine and find out for myself, the missus will have to do the washing by hand lol

I will be back

I managed to get in touch with some one on Ebay and he confirmed bearings are 35mm.
I am waiting for a price on bearings, tub seal, and brushes then I can put in my order. fingers crossed.

I have at last repaired my, hotpoint washing machine. I was still getting told the bearings were 35mm or 30mm
depending what year the machine was built.
so I stripped down the machine last night and found the bearings were 35mm.
replaced them today with a new set and I now have a machine thats nice and quiet.
Thanks for all the feedback:)

Hi Burnerman
It took me about 2 hours to strip down the machine and remove bearings they came out pretty easily,
2.5 hours approx to replace bearings and reassemble machine.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back