Hotpoint XAO95 T1 Fridge Freezer: Fridge warm, Service Manual needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've got a Hotpoint XAO95 T1 Fridge Freezer with a warm fridge section. The Freezer is working fine. After the due web search, and checking the hardware, I know that it's either the Temperature sensor, the Control Board, or the Damper mechanism. I've had the Damper mech out and it opens and closes fine using a 12 volt supply.
Can anyone tell me what the Temperature Probe resistance should be please? I've checked both the two wire connections off the Control Board and neither seem to vary with temperature. A Service Manual, or wiring schematic would be very useful.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the back of the freezer to make sure it's not frozen solid and blocking the fans? This will be behind the removable panel at the back of the freezer. That's pretty common.

There's nothing behind the freezer except the compressor and heat exchanger coils. I think what you're talking about is inside the top of the freezer behind a large angled cover. I haven't removed the cover, but the draught coming up the pipe is fairly good which is why I think the fans and coils are good. I can hear a fan running too.

Sponsored Links
I mean inside the freezer, the cavity behind the removable panel often fills with solid ice. I would take it off to check no matter what, it only takes 5mins to have a look. I'm not saying that's your problem but 'Frost Free' Hotpoint FF's are not actually Frost Free! I had to do it about once a year on mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back