House Martins at the Apex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have HMs nesting below the apex. Can anyone see this being a major problem? I can deal with cleaning up the s****, but don't fancy a bug infestation.
Have people left nests in after they've moved on or taken them down?

There was about 20 circling yesterday around 10 am in the warm morning sun which looked magnificent. They each attempted to fly into the nest but there seemed to be one inside guarding the next and rebuffing them.

Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 21.32.34.png

Sponsored Links
I think they’d eat any bugs as that’s all they eat so I wouldn’t worry about it. I’d love House Martins to build a nest on my house - I’d feel privileged.

Mum & Dads house had HM's and they just left it alone. Each year it would have occupants. Don't know if it was the same pair each year or whether it was, first come first served. It was still there 30 years after we moved in. (I remember because it was the year mum passed away).

Mum & Dads house had HM's and they just left it alone. Each year it would have occupants. Don't know if it was the same pair each year or whether it was, first come first served. It was still there 30 years after we moved in. (I remember because it was the year mum passed away).
I've heard they're a good sign if you believe in that sort of thing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back