House Rewire

I once performed this experiment under laboratory conditions, and as expected, no sensation whatsoever was felt. You have to look at the conditions of each case though. Not something to try without a good understanding.

Sponsored Links
I once performed this experiment under laboratory conditions, and as expected, no sensation whatsoever was felt. You have to look at the conditions of each case though. Not something to try without a good understanding.
That corresponds with my expectations. As you say, one most definitely needs to know what one is doing, and to fully understand all the prevailing conditions. Safety can be enhanced by including a high (say ≥0.5 MΩ) resistor in the potential 'shock path' and measuring the voltage across it, rather than relying on 'unprotected perception'!

Kind Regards, John

I have worked on live wires with my fingers coming into contact with the live bare conductors. No sensation at all.
I had ensured there was no path to ground from my feet and used cardboard to mask earthed metalwork to prevent accident contact while working on the live conductors.

DO NOT DO THE SAME it is dangerous

Sponsored Links
I have worked on live wires with my fingers coming into contact with the live bare conductors. No sensation at all. I had ensured there was no path to ground from my feet and used cardboard to mask earthed metalwork to prevent accident contact while working on the live conductors. DO NOT DO THE SAME it is dangerous
Again, that corresponds with my expectations (and similar experiences). I obviously endorse your warning.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back