3 bed 3 story house rewire cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Just after bit of advice please.
How much would it cost to rewire a 3 bed 3 story terrace house . Swapping old fuse box for consumer unit.?

This is in North of England workington.

Sponsored Links
There will be no fixed price, there are far to many variables, like access, how easy to get under the floor or above ceiling.

Also what you want, TV points, LAN points, sockets where easy for electrician to fit, or where they will not be blocked by furniture.

Also if they need to make safe as some one living in the house while being rewired.

One would expect two people to take one to two weeks, could take longer depending on what is required.

To wire using trunking or clipped to skirting is clearly faster, but dado or skirting trunking is expensive, so you need to write down what you want, and ask for a couple of quotes.

When I wanted a house rewired, I was quoted £5 - 6k by one firm but they could not do it in time frame, so got another who did a bare bones re-wire for £2.5k with me doing all the make good, sockets were not in best places, as did not want to hang new wall paper, so no sockets on wall papered walls. Both were reasonable quotes, just the first one was going to do more. This was 2016 so all out of date now, but it is the variation I want to point out.

Technology can reduce wiring, but one the technology costs, and two if it goes wrong you need to find some one able to fix it. I did not have two way switching in the bedrooms but used wifi linked remote's. Central heating may only have a main feed, but it could also have motorised valves and twin wall thermostats etc.

Well, customers used to ask me "What is the cost of an average rewire these days?" I used to answer "About the same cost of a second hand car". The used to tell me that was a silly answer.

For a start the word "Average" is probably the most dangerous word in the universe. The word average as usual can be totally misleading. If someone needs a rewire we need to know how many sockets of what type, how many rooms, how many lights, how many two or three way switching etc etc , besides cooker circuit, shower circuit, fridge/boiler on separate circuits for additional RCD trip resilience. Is house empy/furnished/occupied and many other things too. So an average price or even a ball park figure is not realistic without a host of other info and ditto to what Eric said

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back