House wife's father now blames the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I urge you to also watch this Himmy, and BAS while your at it.
Freedom of speech means you will occasionally hear the ramblings of a ****. But it's a price worth paying because the alternative, like you and BAS seem to wish for, is a scary way to run a country. There was nothing about Notch's post where he prevented the exposing of racist nonsense. What YOU said was nonsense.

Sponsored Links
People like you do no good in the world -happy to stand on your soapbox telling all and sundry how morally great you are, but you arent interested in having discussions with people that have different views, you would rather shout them down, creating division. But then you think it is morally right to create division. Isnt that what terrorist do? -create division.
If you think that those who expose and object to racism are doing no good in the world, I suggest you open up your mind to rational, reasonable debate.
If you think that those exposing and objecting to racism is fostering division in this world, you need help.
You've gone from invention, to denial, to nonsense, and now you are approaching incredulous, mind boggling stupidity.

Say what? He has done nothing of the sort.
Quite evidently, notch wants to prevent the exposing of and objecting to racism. Now you are supporting his position.
some other people on here only want to close down discussions,
If trying to prevent such exposure and objection is not "wanting to close down discussions" I'd like to know what is.

We should develop a policy and procedures to deal with these idiots, but more importantly, their children.
A policy that does not simply pretend that they do not exist. A policy that seriously addresses the future potential impact of letting terrorists, potential terrorists, and their children the freedom to perpetuate their radicalisation and beget more potential future terrorists.

The reporter in that article posted by sodthisforfun raised the issue with the UK government representative months (or maybe longer) ago and met with stony silence.
The government policy of leaving UK citizens in refugee camps is short-sighted, counter-productive, uncivilised and endangers the lives of us all, and our children, to future terrorism.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-47553726
So what do you do with all those children? What policy would work in this difficult situation?

Sponsored Links
I urge you to also watch this Himmy, and BAS while your at it.
Freedom of speech means you will occasionally hear the ramblings of a ****.
Quite, and we have to suffer such ramblings regularly. But it doesn't mean we have to suffer them in silence.
Exposure and objection is not closing down free speech. it is exposure of the ramblings of the racists.

Quite evidently, notch wants to prevent the exposing of and objecting to racism. Now you are supporting his position.

If trying to prevent such exposure and objection is not "wanting to close down discussions" I'd like to know what is.
I am supporting the fact that he has said no such thing. You're lying.

Quite, and we have to suffer such ramblings regularly. But it doesn't mean we have to suffer them in silence.
Never said you did have to, did I? But you have to accept if you want freedom in the UK that we will all hear views that we do not wish to. And how people handle those views, whether to engage or discuss further, or shout them down is up to them. To want to engage, discuss doesn't mean that they are trying to 'prevent the exposing of and objecting to racism'. They just have a different way of handling things to you. That is also their right - freedom of speech - if you like. You are not 'better' than anyone by shouting and Notch is no 'worse' for wanting to engage & change. Time you understood that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-47553726
So what do you do with all those children? What policy would work in this difficult situation?
Dear God! Nearly 200 posts ago.
upload_2019-3-14_9-57-32.png

Last edited:
Never said you did have to, did I? But you have to accept if you want freedom in the UK that we will all hear views that we do not wish to. And how people handle those views, whether to engage or discuss further, or shout them down is up to them. To want to engage, discuss doesn't mean that they are trying to 'prevent the exposing of and objecting to racism'. They just have a different way of handling things to you. That is also their right - freedom of speech - if you like. You are not 'better' than anyone by shouting and Notch is no 'worse' for wanting to engage & change. Time you understood that.
Just as racists have a right to their freedom of speech, so do those that choose to expose and object to those racist comments.
Weirdly, you choose not to object to the racist comments, but you do object to those objecting to racist comments.
You choose who you want to object to, the racists, or those objecting to racism.
And you have obviously decided.

Dear god? Was that really necessary?

So do you think that the children, while still living with their ISIS loving parents will listen to to teachers above all else? Is that fail safe? I think as a child, I would've believed my parents over anything. So more is the question of how you stop the parents beliefs. Is that easy? Is it possible? Is that going to work 100%? As I said, it's a very difficult situation.
And you are denying the blatantly obvious.
That you're making stuff up again? No I'm not denying the blatantly obvious.

Just as racists have a right to their freedom of speech, so do those that choose to expose and object to those racist comments.
Weirdly, you choose not to object to the racist comments, but you do object to those objecting to racist comments.
You choose who you want to object to, the racists, or those objecting to racism.
And you have obviously decided.
Sigh. You really don't understand what is being said and can't see that there are more than one method to deal with racism.
Discussion, education, these are the best methods to try and deal with it. Just as you've said as much in your dealings with ISIS member's children. Both are extreme views that need to be challenged, educated and reason applied.

Sigh. You really don't understand what is being said and can't see that there are more than one method to deal with racism.
Discussion, education, these are the best methods to try and deal with it. Just as you've said as much in your dealings with ISIS member's children. Both are extreme views that need to be challenged, educated and reason applied.
Ignoring it and pretending it will go away is not a successful strategy.
But one which you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back