Household insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Received letter/renewal notice from insurance company which showed an increase of around 15%.
I have had no claims for at least 10 years ,and thought sod you, and decided to go on line for a better quote.
Found one £30 cheaper for exactly the same terms and about to press button to confirm, when out of curiosity, I decided to see what the quote on line would be from current insurance company.
It was for £158 on line, against the £260 that they had quoted me in the post and for exactly the same terms.
Guess what, I filled in the various details and have now received the policy documents confirming everything.
The daft thing is, that the dept who sent out the renewal notice is still writing to me,asking why I have not renewed my insurance with them, but as a goodwill gesture they will keep my policy open with them for 14 days foc.
You would have thought that their computor system would have picked this up, I mean the post code alone should have identified the duplication.
The company incidentally is one of the largest insurance companies.
Whilst I am delighted with my insurance, it seems unfair that the thousands of householders who do not use the internet, and they are mostly the ellderly or people on fixed incomes are not able to take advantage of these offers.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the online was not for new customers only.
If it wasnt you should have telephoned, quoted the policy No. & asked for the same price.

You had better write a brief letter expalining that you do not wish to renew the policy because you have taken out a new one.

Letters are less often lost or misinterpreted than phone calls.

Are you sure the online was not for new customers only.
If it wasnt you should have telephoned, quoted the policy No. & asked for the same price.

Nowhere did it say that this as for new customers only.
Do you honestly think that they would have given me the policy for the same price.

You had better write a brief letter expalining that you do not wish to renew the policy because you have taken out a new one.

Letters are less often lost or misinterpreted than phone calls.

You only need to confirm if you decide to renew a policy, and in any event the agreement has been confirmed by the insurers , it's not my responsibility to point out the errors in their system.

Sponsored Links
They would have matched the price OR said it was for new customers. When they do a postcode check they may still come back & refuse you.

They would have matched the price OR said it was for new customers. When they do a postcode check they may still come back & refuse you

They have sent me the new policy documents confirming the quote.
Can they go back on their word now?

If I were you, I would be happy I think you have had a result. Well done U

anobium
I would get it sorted by letter to them as they will not payout when you claim .....lol

Sponsored Links
Back