Proof Of No Claims Bonus Motor Insurance

Well, yes but this thread wasn't supposed to be a rant about insurance companies and how unfair the system is. I'm just highlighting/discussing a curiosity really.

with respect FMT... you've been here long enough to know that what you intended a post for... rarely ends up as what it is!

Sponsored Links
i think there was a subtle change with no claims (or more of a stitch up to customers) it used to be that you got to 5 years and that was classed as full no claims discount. many companies put that on the policy documents, rather than how many years you had.
A few years ago i came to renew and they were talking about how many years, up to 9, and im stuck with a certificate that had been converted from full to 5 years, despite the fact that i had been claim free for many more, so unless i went back through several companies there was no way to prove it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
The easiest way to prove your NCD is with a copy of an original car insurance renewal notice.
Most insurers will also accept a policy schedule or letter from your previous insurer stating the value of your NCD, when it was earned, and who the NCD applies to. Some insurers will only accept your NCD if your previous insurance policy expired within two years.
NCD can only be claimed for the main driver of the vehicle, which may not necessarily be the policyholder.

Back