Car insurance renewal

Just gave them a try. £527. Tried taking me off the policy, £587!
Sorry, don't understand what you are saying. They offered to insure for £527 but want to charge £587 to take you off a policy?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, don't understand what you are saying. They offered to insure for £527 but want to charge £587 to take you off a policy?
Yep. £527 for Mrs M with me as a named driver, £587 for just Mrs M. When our daughter first got her own car insurance, it made it a fair bit cheaper just adding me and Mrs Mottie as named drivers.

Have you thought of adding Mrs M's mum or Mottie's mum to the policy? That always worked for me back in the day, though I suspect at some point it becomes a hindrance not an advantage.

Sponsored Links
Have you thought of adding Mrs M's mum or Mottie's mum to the policy? That always worked for me back in the day, though I suspect at some point it becomes a hindrance not an advantage.
Mrs Motties mum surrendered her licence a while back, my mum is in her 80’s and hasn’t driven for years so apart from the licence issue, she has no no claims.

Finally bought it. £388 with Privilege through Go Compare. Fully comp with protected NCD, courtesy car, first £250 excess covered. Tried going TPO but that put the price right up!

Finally bought it. £388 with Privilege through Go Compare. Fully comp with protected NCD, courtesy car, first £250 excess covered. Tried going TPO but that put the price right up!

What do you drive? £388 is peanuts.

What do you drive? £388 is peanuts.
It’s only our second car - an old banger of a Golf runabout worth about a grand. £388 is some leap from £220 last year with no claims or points on licence. We only paid £333 a few months ago for our A3 and that’s worth £15k. I dread to think what that will be next year.

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter what I drive - £388 is some leap from £220 last year with no claims or points in licence.
They've gone into ****taking overdrive, honeslty what's changed. I don't believe we've introduced considerable higher risk on our roads. What has increased considerably is personal injury claims. As you're aware and i have had many times SPAM call centers asking me or telling me i had an accident. I normally say yes you're right i did how did you find out!?!! I then tell them a long story for 5/10mins and finish with... and then i sh't my pants, yes i had an embarrassing accident pleast dont tell anyone.

Then they hang up, indeed moral is don't waste my time and i wont waste yours :)

Sponsored Links
Back