How about some U.K. news on the bbc and ITV

I was being a bit more subtle for DP. Hoping he would work it out for himself. :whistle:

However, it depends what you mean by "facts".

Some believe that if they believe something it must become a fact because they believe it (but the fact is they believe it) even if it is not true, i.e. just a belief.

Sponsored Links
I was being a bit more subtle for DP. Hoping he would work it out for himself. :whistle:

However, it depends what you mean by "facts".

Some believe that if they believe something it must become a fact because they believe it (but the fact is they believe it) even if it is not true, i.e. just a belief.

I should have added there are alternative facts.

Facts are beliefs that I hold true.

People confuse facts and truths. They hold their beliefs to be true and in their minds the truth is equivalent to a fact so their beliefs are facts (as you pointed out).

They believe there is rampant widespread voter fraud (only in the swing states Trump is losing). The belief becomes fact in their mind. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

So they find one case of voter fruad or malfeasance and then they can conveniently regard the 70m votes as fraudulent.

Sponsored Links
I don't know about UK news on UK telly, but I just had a peek to see what's on TV tonight.
It's pure boredom on a box. Where's the good TV gone? Celebrity supermarket sweep - new series (why make it at all?!), celebrity catchphrase, the chase, little mix music (who?!), Strictly.. wooooohooooooo! All cheap TV, all killing braincells :LOL:

Ah well, back to watching something better online..

What's wrong with the chase, you can learn things, that will be of little to no interest to anyone else.

I should have added there are alternative facts.

Facts are beliefs that I hold true.

People confuse facts and truths. They hold their beliefs to be true and in their minds the truth is equivalent to a fact so their beliefs are facts (as you pointed out).

They believe there is rampant widespread voter fraud (only in the swing states Trump is losing). The belief becomes fact in their mind. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

So they find one case of voter fruad or malfeasance and then they can conveniently regard the 70m votes as fraudulent.
Do not be such a patronising set of dik heads..We all know what a fact is..The problem arises when particularly you lot quote all you say as Fact...when it is anything but..

...but it was you who wrote:

We all believe what we believe

in reply to:
I don't believe the hype, all papers sell an agenda.
But the Telegraph, Mail and Express are full of lies and utter bolox.
I've not seen that depth of dishonesty from the Guardian.
And what about the endless fake Brexit think tanks and free market think tanks that pump out propaganda.

implying it was alright to 'believe' those things.

Like the American model of so many things, TV nowadays is just a vehicle for advertising.
It used to seem to have some value in itself, but I think those shows are becoming more few and far between.

What's wrong with the chase, you can learn things, that will be of little to no interest to anyone else.
Lol, true! But it's on 6 days a week, and it seems that Sat night TV on ITV is just quiz shows... I like a good quiz show but not hours of it.

As I said, it's all cheap tv. Very cheap to make and little thought.

...but it was you who wrote:

in reply to:

implying it was alright to 'believe' those things.
Do you not believe what you believe then?I thought i was making it simple for you but it obviously went straight over your head.

Sponsored Links
Back