How and where to wire in an outside PIR on back of garage

I agree with you BAS, the set-up looks to have an FCU that is not required, but he was what he has, no point messing/fiddling about with it, if it provides functionality and adequate safety.

Sponsored Links
Looking for some wiring advice please to fit one of these IR lights on the outside of the back of my garage :

http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-pyro-...or-floodlight-graphite-230v-120w-2500lm/50908

The wiring in my garage is as detailed below ( <---> = cable ) :

16A breaker <---> 3A switched Spur(1) <---> 13A switched Spur (2) <---> 1Gang <---> 1Gang <---> 2Gang (sockets)

Off (1), is my boiler

Off (2), is a 3A Switched Spur off which are 2 flourescent lights (switched)

Based on that style of light i have shown, can anyone confirm where to hardwire it in please, or can it simply run off one of my sockets ?

thanks in advance

Are you happy to have the lighting circuit and it's switches fused at 16a ?

DS

Looking for some wiring advice please to fit one of these IR lights on the outside of the back of my garage :

http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-pyro-...or-floodlight-graphite-230v-120w-2500lm/50908

16A breaker <---> 3A switched Spur(1) <---> 13A switched Spur (2) <---> 1Gang <---> 1Gang <---> 2Gang (sockets)

Off (1), is my boiler

Based on that style of light i have shown, can anyone confirm where to hardwire it in please, or can it simply run off one of my sockets ?

thanks in advance

Are you happy to have the lighting circuit and it's switches fused at 16a ?

DS

Where do you get that information from? It clearer says 2 fluorescent lights are on a 3A FCU.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you both read the OP slowly, there are 2 fcu's 1= boiler 2= lights which one is pointless chaps ?

DS

I would suggest you both read the OP slowly, there are 2 fcu's 1= boiler 2= lights which one is pointless chaps ?
Maybe you need to read the OP even more slowly than the chaps :)

The "pointless" FCU is the second (13A) one, which appears to feed just the third one (3A, feeding the lights) which you seem to have overlooked....
Off (1), is my boiler ... Off (2), is a 3A Switched Spur off which are 2 flourescent lights (switched)

Kind Regards, John

Sorry, i am lost there is no 3rd spur, the 2 spur feeds a switch for the lights.

OP spur = fcu

DS

Sorry, i am lost there is no 3rd spur, the 2 spur feeds a switch for the lights. OP spur = fcu
I'm also lost, unless you are just being pedantic about the OP's terminology.

The OP says that a "13A Switched Spur (2)" feeds a "3A Switched Spur" which, in turn, feeds the lights. Do you not accept that both those "Switched Spurs" are FCUs (and therefore that the 13A one is unnecessary)?

Kind Regards, John

Off (1), is my boiler

thanks in advance
2 spurs ! boiler and lights :LOL:

DS

Off (1), is my boiler
Off (2), is a 3A Switched Spur (3) off which are 2 flourescent lights (switched)
2 spurs ! boiler and lights :LOL:
Again, I have to wonder whether you are just being pedantic. Topologically, yes, two spurs, but one has two FCUs ("Switched Spurs"), hence three FCUs in total (one of which is unnecessary).

Kind Regards, John

Off (1), is my boiler

thanks in advance
There is no switched spur 3, lam bored with this now, and think i need to get a life :LOL: bye John .

thanks for the replies guys

PrenticeBoy.....i have just checked and the switch for the flourescents has the following :

L1 - empty
L2 - Red
Common - Black
Earth

Is that good ?

If so, can you confirm if i can make use of that and if so, how please and what else i might need ?

Before i get my life READ this :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back