how can I bend some 15mm pipe ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any ideas what I can do, we removed a radiator from our toilet and I want to put a new one in now but the old one was a non standard size (450mm wide) .All I can find nowadays is 400mm or 500mm widths.

Is there a way for me to bend the two pipes that are sticking out the floor so that they can accomodate a 500mm radiator ??? (Really dont want to use one of them ugly extension fittings on such a small rad). Is there any way or tool available to bend these pipes in situ just this small amount each to allow a 500mm rad to be installed ???

And no its not really an option to take the floor up and adjust the pipework under the floorboards !!!

OR

BEST OPTION OF ALL - does anyone know where to get rads in 450mm widths ??? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
why dont you solder a 15mm yorkshire coupling on with a small length of pipe bent to you requirements

get the 400mm radiator if the heat output is sufficient and a 50mm rad extension from a plumbers merchants.

thanks guys but I really would like to bend the pipe slightly rather than an ugly extension . Is there no tip on how to bend the pipes slightly without kinking / bursting them ???

Sponsored Links
I think you're asking the impossible. You need 2 bends to put a crank in the pipe 50mm and keep it vertical, plus you lose on the height.
The best I can suggest is to use two 45 degree bends and some pipe to fabricate the desired crank.(soldered of course).
Then cut the existing pipe and attach the new cranked assembley. ( using a soldered coupling)
There's bending machines and there's bending springs, but they have limits and I'm afraid so do we.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Promise you one one these 25mm extensions at each end will look a millio times better than a couple of bits of bent pipe.

Installation_003.gif

wow I didnt know you could get 25mm extenders !!!

thats sounds fine one of them at each end, I thought a great ugly 50mm one on just one side of such a small rad would be hideous

hurrah

cheers everyone

Myson do a 438mm wide rad if that is close enough for you.

Namsag - that would be perfect !!!

do u have any links to a store or know who stocks one ???

thx masona - thats just the job

thx for all your help everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back