How can I bring a sofa thorough my doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My patio door opens up to a max width of 65 cm.

My front door and then entrance door to living room after that are of L shaped - so can't imagine a sofa will go through them.

So, how do I bring a sofa into my living room?

Can't find any sofa which has a minimum dimension of 65 cm on any side.

:(

Sponsored Links
think of your sofa as an "L" shape with added bumps usualy if they have feet or legs these can often come off

and as said if you stand it on end you just need to plan your manovering
usualy you manover the back through the door on the open side [away from a wall]

i must admit i am confused why you have 2 doors that only open up to 2ft a normal single door gives you more than that!!!!!

Well, my front door is a standard 32 inches size. But the previous owner of the house made an entrance porch and now the "new" front doors is exactly at right angle to the "old" front door. Then there is another standard size door which is slightly offset of the "old" door.

This makes bringing a fully assembled sofa thru front door almost impossible!

Also, in the back side, the patio door (sliding) opening is max 25.5 inches. If I remove the stopper at the bottom of the door, probably I can squeeze another 1-1.5 inches.

I asked few removal cos, who says it might be difficult to pass thru the patio doors.

So, looks like unless sofas come in disassembled state, I don't have much luck.

Sponsored Links
windows are another option have you got a largish window d/g or otherwise that can be removed!!!!

removing can mean the whole frame or just releasing a pane off glass

As said already put the new sofa on it's end but also consider temporarily taking the doors off their hinges, always gives a few more inches here and there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back